MarkMeets website: Terms & Conditions of Use
This is www.MarkMeets.com, a website operated by MarkMeets.
Your use of this website is subject to the following Terms & Conditions of Use, which you are deemed to accept by using the website.
On certain parts of this website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to Webmaster@markmeets.com to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Your username and password
The registration processes on this website will involve you being allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to webmaster@MarkMeets.com and (b) ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
We may in sole discretion, terminate your password, user account (or any part thereof) or use of this Site without notice and for any reason.
User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use
Comments, message boards and any discussion forums or pages of the website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited.
No Liability For Content & Third Party Content. You understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you for the content of or use by you of any information, services, advertising, marketing, or other content on the Site (whether directly or via links to or from other sites or resources). We do not endorse the content of any third party-supplied advertisements or information and we make no warranties with respect to such content. In particular, we shall have no liability in respect of material on the Site which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. The provision by us of a link to another Site does not constitute any endorsement or approval of the materials at that location.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from the Websites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement of those linked websites and shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Your use of these forums and the website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the forums and the website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
• You may not use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive material.
• You may not place on the website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate.
• You may not post any material on the website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
• You may not post any material on the website (including contact details, last names, telephone numbers, street addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures) which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
• You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
• You may not place on the site any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
• You may not place on the site any material where the use by MarkMeets, or any third party licensed or permitted by MarkMeets, will give rise to any third party claims.
• You may not place any links on the website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You may not place on the website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
• You may not use the website to solicit information from anyone under the age of 18;
• You may not place on the website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
• You grant MarkMeets the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material you place on the site.
• Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions placed on our online forums, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our online forums.
• MarkMeets accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You agree to indemnify MarkMeets, its associated companies and its representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You may only access the User Content Pages and become a registered user of the website if you are 18 years or older. We accept no liability if you misrepresent your age in order to access these pages.
MarkMeets’ Ownership of the Site. As between you and MarkMeets solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to this Site, all the Content, code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organisation of this Site, and the compilation of the Content, code, data and materials on this Site, including but not limited to any copyright, trade mark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein.
Your use of this Site does not grant to you ownership of any Content, code, data or materials you may access on or through this Site. Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of this Site is strictly prohibited. You may view the content on this Site on your computer or other internet-compatible device, and make single copies or prints of the content on this Site for your internal use only.
You acknowledge that certain materials on this Site are confidential or proprietary to MarkMeets, and that access is provided to you solely for the business purpose for which your access to this Site has been authorised by MarkMeets.
Except as specifically set forth herein or on this Site, you will not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, publicly display, prepare derivative works based on, or distribute in any way any material from this Site.
You shall not disclose to any third party any of the confidential or proprietary information of MarkMeets. In the event that you download any material from the Site, such material is licensed to you by MarkMeets for your limited internal personal use and MarkMeets does not transfer title to any such material to you.
Misuse of Site. You will be liable to us for any damage, costs or expenses resulting from your misuse of the Site. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any misuse of the Site or the content appearing on it at any time.
When we receive your complaint, we will evaluate it and decide on the most suitable action. We will not normally confirm the steps we take to the complainant, as this may breach the rights and privacy of others, but rest assured that all complaints will be checked promptly and professionally.
You agree not to use this website:
• to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website except where expressly permitted on the website;
• to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from this website to any third party except where expressly permitted on this website;
• in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
• to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
• to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
• in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring MarkMeets or any of its subsidiaries into disrepute.
If you send any text, images, audio or other content to this website you accept that the files sent, and all rights therein, become the sole property of MarkMeets and that we shall have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and we shall have the right to make it available to the public on this website and otherwise. All material must comply with the rules on User Content Pages, set out below. We may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to us.
Information and availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by us or third parties. Subject only to the provisions about using RSS Feeds, as a visitor to this website you may download a single copy of the material on this website on a single computer for your own private viewing/listening purposes only. Single copies of pages from this website may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. No copying or distribution of material on this website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent. No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of this website is permitted without our prior written consent except as may be reasonably necessary to use the website. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this website are reserved to MarkMeets.
You will not take screen shots, video footage or anything similar of the site, thus voiding any claim, expenses, loss incurred. You must not save footage of the site, email / distribute to any party MarkMeets content for any reason or a counter claim will be issued.
Removal of content
We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the website. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on our online forums (or anywhere else on this website) please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to Webmaster AT MarkMeets.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate. No payment will be made for images in the public domain under fair use policy, though the content may be removed at request.
The information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of MarkMeets or any of its brands. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them.
Linking to our website
We welcome ‘hot links’ and deep-links to our website, by which we mean that you may include a link to any page of our website. You may not display the contents of our website (or any page from it) or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent. If you would like to license our material, please email info AT markmeets.com
Feeds to other websites
If you run your own website, you can display the latest headlines from other websites on your own site using RSS.
We encourage the use of MarkMeets feeds as part of your website, provided that the proper format and attribution is used when MarkMeets content appears. The attribution text should read “MarkMeets Gossip” or “MarkMeets.com/gossip” as appropriate. You may not use MarkMeets trademark alongside the content.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of MarkMeets content using RSS. We do not accept any liability arising from your use of the MarkMeets feeds or from any inaccuracy or omission in the content or interruption in availability. For more information about feeds see how to get MarkMeets RSS.
Links to other websites
On this website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that the content on those pages is not subject to our control, their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the website.
No use of these trade marks is to be made by you except for the purpose of referring to MarkMeets or its associated brands lawfully and in good faith only.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
The materials, information, software, products, and services included in or available through this site (the “content”) have been provided to markmeets.com by press agents or their principals themselves, who are responsible for the content. Those materials are provided by markmeets.com “as is” and “as available” for others’ use. The content is provided without warranties by Pressparty.com of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third parties’ rights. Pressparty.com does not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that this site will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the content is free from viruses or other harmful components. Your use of this site is solely at your own risk.
Competition terms and conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers. Depending on the nature of the competition there may be additional rules imposed by us (or selected third parties) and each such offer may be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
1. Promotions are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
2. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
3. MarkMeets and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
5. By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
7. It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are specified they cannot be altered.
8. Depending on the nature of the prize, its use or enjoyment may be subject to further conditions or restrictions.
9. Winners will be notified by email on the day of the draw. Winners have five (5) business working days to respond in full to the email or another winner will be drawn.
10. By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent(s) to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on this website at any time.
11. Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of MarkMeets plc (and its subsidiaries), the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
12. The website Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
13. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
14. MarkMeets will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
15. The promotional draw is held by MarkMeets
16. Individual competitions on MarkMeets.com may also have additional terms and conditions such as specific closing dates. Any additional terms and conditions regarding a competition will be highlighted in the pages setting out the details of that competition.
Unless specific contract terms have been agreed by us payment terms are 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice or goods/service.
Backdated invoices for services whilst not in contract will NOT be paid for unless it has been written in a contract signed by both parties with a valid PO attached. All fees must be agreed in advance or deemed void.
As part of the existing policy, ‘No PO No Pay’ is being fully enforced to drive compliance and ensure all financial commitments made by the business are approved and recorded in purchasing systems in advance of the purchase being made. Those invoices without valid PO numbers, other than the categories recognised by us as an exception, will no longer be processed or paid until a valid PO number is quoted by the supplier.
In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall remain valid and enforceable.
Variation of these Terms & Conditions of Use
MarkMeets reserves the right to vary these Terms & Conditions of Use from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions of Use on the website. By continuing to use the website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
The legal position of these terms and conditions
These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us and are governed by English law unless you live in Scotland in which case Scottish law shall govern, and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions of Use shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law and in particular, and notwithstanding any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use, our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall not be limited or excluded in any way.
These Terms & Conditions of Use shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
It is your responsibility to read and understand these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right, from time to time, and at our sole discretion, to change or update these terms and conditions.
All changes to these terms and conditions will be published on this Site. Upon publication, each change will become effective and you will be deemed to be aware of and bound by them. You should therefore review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are up-to-date with all the current terms and conditions.
Your action of registering and/or using and continuing to use this Site will be an indication of your acceptance of our then current terms and conditions. If you do not understand or accept all of these terms and conditions then you should call our Customer Services team whose contact details are set out above. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions and do not wish to be bound by them, you are not authorised to access or otherwise use this Site.