‘Flamin’ Hot’ Directed by Eva Longoria Is A Revelation
The release of Flamin’ Hot! directed by Eva Longoria is here with 4 star reviews. The movie also stars Annie Gonzalez, Dennis Haysbert, Emilio Rivera, Tony Shalhoub, Matt Walsh, Pepe Serna, Bobby Soto, Jimmy Gonzales, Brice Gonzalez, Vanessa Martinez, Fabian Alomar, Mario Ponce, and Hunter Jones.
Here’s the synopsis: “Flamin’ Hot is the inspiring story of Richard Montanez (Jesse Garcia), the Frito-Lay janitor who channeled his Mexican American heritage and upbringing to turn the iconic Flamin’ Hot Cheetos into a snack that disrupted the food industry and became a global pop phenomenon.”
Eva Longoria’s transition to feature film director is now complete with the release of her first film which debuted on Hulu.
Flamin’ Hot is based on the true story of Richard Montanez, who started working as a janitor at Frito-Lay’s Rancho Cucamonga, California factory in 1976.
After a machine broke down, he took a bunch of unflavored chips home and came up with a blend of spices reminiscent to Mexican street corn.
He pitched the idea for what would become Flamin’ Hot Cheetos to Frito-Lay CEO Roger Enrico and the product was launched in 1992.
Flamin’ Hot is based on the true story of Richard Montanez, who started working as a janitor at Frito-Lay’s Rancho Cucamonga, California factory in 1976
That lead to an expansive product line that lead to billions of dollars in new revenue.
Jesse Garcia will portray Montanez, who rose through the ranks from janitor to an executive level position before he retired in 2019 to embark on a new career as a motivational speaker.
The cast also includes Annie Gonzalez as Richard’s wife Judy, Emilio Rivera as Vacho Montanez plus Matt Walsh, Tony Shalhoub and Dennis Haysbert in unknown roles.
Garcia will portray Montanez, who rose through the ranks from janitor to an executive level position before he retired in 2019 to embark on a new career as a motivational speaker
Longoria directs from a script by Lewis Collick and Linda Yvette Chavez, with DeVon Franklin producing.
Production wrapped on the film in August, where Longoria released a statement about how proud she is to tell this story.
‘I’m so honored to have led this team in telling a beautiful story where people can see themselves in these characters and are inspired by the endless beauty and talent that is so rich in our community,’ she said.
Back in 2021, the real Richard Montanez responded to Frito-Lay refuting the claim that he invented the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
Flamin’ Hot will received its world premiere this March at the SXSW Film Festival, and also comes months after she filmed her new project Land of Women in Barcelona
Flamin’ Hot is out on Hulu now.
- Mark Boardman is an established showbiz journalist and freelance copywriter whose work has been published in Business Insider, Daily Mail, Bloomberg, MTV, Buzzfeed and The New York Post amongst other press. Often spotted on the red carpet at celebrity events and film screenings, Mark is a regular guest on BBC Radio London and in-demand for his opinions for media outlets including Newsweek. His TV credits include This Morning, The One Show and T4. Email Mark@MarkMeets.com
- MarketingFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:55What Is The Cost Of A 30-Second Super Bowl Ad
- TVFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:50The Cast of Shrinking: Bringing Humor and Drama to Therapy
- ParentingWednesday, 14 February 2024, 15:00Money management tips for children by Mark Boardman
- MusicTuesday, 13 February 2024, 9:27Music Industry Secrets: Inside Tips from Industry Experts and Successful Artists