Stuck for home design and decor ideas when decorating a home? Look online on property sites, visit a stately home or a friends house. Or even visit a show home can be a great way to get inspiration for decorating your own home. Show homes are professionally decorated model homes that are designed to showcase the features and finishes of a particular development or builder. They are often fully furnished and decorated with the latest trends and styles when decorating a home, so they can be a great source of inspiration for your own home.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your visit :
- Take pictures: Bring your camera or phone and take pictures of any elements that catch your eye, such as a particular wall treatment or a piece of furniture.
- Make a list: Write down any ideas or inspiration that you get from the show home, so you can refer back to it later.
- Ask questions: The sales staff at the show home will often be knowledgeable about the products and materials used in the home, so don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Look for practical solutions: Show homes are often designed with a focus on aesthetics, but it’s also worth looking for practical solutions that could work in your own home.
- Get inspiration, not copies: It’s fine to be inspired by elements of the show home, but remember that it’s important to make your own home unique and personal to you. Don’t try to recreate the show home exactly, but rather use it as a starting point for your own decorating ideas.
What to takeaway as inspiration to make your house, your home by decorating a home.
Color scheme: Colours come and go so go neutral with a splash of colour or design a feature wall. Colors that are used throughout the home, such as neutral colors, bold colors, or pastel colors.
Style: This tag refers to the overall design style of the home, such as modern, traditional, or bohemian.
Materials: This tag refers to the materials that are used in the home, such as wood, metal, or glass.
Texture: Different textures that are used in the home, such as smooth, rough, or shiny.
Patterns: Use patterns that are used in the home, such as geometric, floral, or abstract.
Lighting: Different types of lighting that are used in the home, such as natural light, artificial light, or accent lighting.
Accessories: This refers to the small decorative items that are used in the home, such as throw pillows, vases, or wall art.
Furniture: Ideally select a mixture of pieces of furniture that are used in the home, such as couches, tables, or chairs.
Plants: This tag refers to the use of plants in the home as a decorative element, either real or artificial.
Wall coverings: This tag refers to the materials used to cover the walls, such as paint, wallpaper, or tiles.
Business And Features Writer
- PostsTuesday, 28 November 2023, 17:30The Finest Animated Christmas Movies
- PostsTuesday, 28 November 2023, 13:27Leveraging Technology to Find the Best CBD for Your Canine Companion
- PostsTuesday, 28 November 2023, 12:58Simple Ways to Make Life Easier for Your Staff
- PostsTuesday, 28 November 2023, 11:32Unveiling How to Choose the Best Video Production Services