Michael B. Jordan believes ‘Creed III’ was the “perfect” film to make his directorial debut
Creed III is an upcoming American sports drama film directed by Michael B. Jordan with a screenplay by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin from a story they co-wrote with Ryan Coogler
The 35-year-old actor will reprise his role as Adonis Creed in the sports film and explained how he felt that it was the ideal time to make his bow behind the camera in the ‘Rocky’ spin-off.
Speaking to MarkMeets, Michael said: “For me, it was the perfect time. Growing up on set, in the industry, over 20 years, and start out doing background work and extra work and just seeing the sets evolve and seeing everybody’s job and seeing how a real production took place, I finally got to this place in my career where I wanted to tell a story and not just be in front of the camera to execute somebody else’s vision.”
Michael has played Adonis in two previous movies and explained that he is at the stage of his career where he can tell a story with his life experiences.
He explained: “It’s a character that I’ve played twice before. It’s been seven or eight years living with this guy. I’m telling a story of where I believe Adonis is at, and also at 35 years old, I had a lot to say, as a young man and as a young black man, with my life experiences.”
The ‘Just Mercy’ star explained that “family” is at the centre of the flick, which sees Creed taking on his childhood friend and former boxing prodigy Damian Anderson (Jonathan Majors).
Michael said: “Thematically, for us, family is always the core – family and heart. There’s a bit of facing your past and finding out who you really are. That’s something we address in this movie. It’s a homecoming. Remembering where you come from is really important in this.
“Sometimes settling debts and being accountable for your actions is something that we wanted to look at. This movie has a lot of me in it, and hopefully a lot of other people, as well. I wanted to create a story where everybody felt like they could relate to something in this movie.”
- Meet Holly, our versatile freelance journalist and featuers writer who has a passion for dissecting the ever-evolving landscape of business and technology. Your guide to understanding the forces driving our digital age with insightful perspectives and in-depth storytelling.
- LifestyleFriday, 16 February 2024, 16:17Work-Life Balance: An In-Depth Guide to Stress-Free Downtime
- CultureTuesday, 13 February 2024, 13:20Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special: A Long-Awaited Return
- GamingSunday, 28 January 2024, 11:20Exploring the Enchanting Universe of Hogwarts Legacy
- FashionThursday, 25 January 2024, 16:40Men’s Wardrobe Essentials in 2024: Elevating Your Style Game