The days of the Galaxy Note Unpacked events are sadly gone, but Samsung’s foldables are more than happy to fill a phablet-sized hole in the company’s annual release schedule. Over the last couple of years, the company has made good on its promise to fully commit to the form factor, and we expect to see the latest additions to the Fold and Flip lines arrive in a matter of weeks.
Samsung this morning dropped an official invite for its late-summer Unpacked event, confirming an August 10 date for the virtual event. This is a Samsung event, so that means the big announcements have been leaked in part — or in full — over the last several weeks. As anticipated, the big news centers around the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4, along with Galaxy Watch 5.
Both foldables are said to include the Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip, along with some new color options. The new Galaxy Watch, meanwhile, represents Samsung’s latest Wear OS partnership. That one’s certainly worth keeping an eye on, as Google begins a newfound push for the wearable operating system, ahead of the fall Pixel Watch launch.
Meanwhile, Samsung’s super early pre-show product reserve is going even earlier this year, featuring the following discounts if you want to buy the mystery products
$200 credit toward Galaxy phone, watch and buds bundle
$150 credit toward Galaxy phone and watch bundle
$130 credit toward Galaxy phone and buds bundle
$80 credit toward Galaxy watch and buds bundle
$100 credit to use on Samsung.com toward eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy phone
$50 credit to use on Samsung.com toward eligible products when you reserve a Galaxy watch
$30 credit to use on Samsung.com toward eligible products when you reserve Galaxy buds
All said, it should make for an interesting event, and a nice jolt of news amidst the late-summer hardware doldrums. The event kicks off at 9AM ET/6AM PT August 10. We’ll be there (virtually).
- Mark Boardman is an established showbiz journalist and freelance copywriter whose work has been published in Business Insider, Daily Mail, Bloomberg, MTV, Buzzfeed and The New York Post amongst other press. Often spotted on the red carpet at celebrity events and film screenings, Mark is a regular guest on BBC Radio London and in-demand for his opinions for media outlets including Newsweek. His TV credits include This Morning, The One Show and T4. Email Mark@MarkMeets.com
- MusicThursday, 22 February 2024, 17:10The Smash Hits Poll Winners Party: A Nostalgic Celebration of British Music
- MarketingFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:55What Is The Cost Of A 30-Second Super Bowl Ad
- TVFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:50The Cast of Shrinking: Bringing Humor and Drama to Therapy
- ParentingWednesday, 14 February 2024, 15:00Money management tips for children by Mark Boardman