TV NEWS – Mamma Mia! I Have a Dream
ITV1 new TV show will search for the next big West End star in a new music talent competition.
The channel will launch Mamma Mia! I Have a Dream, a brand new series seeing contestants compete for a role in hit musical Mamma Mia!
The series, from the makers of Britain’s Got Talent, follows in the footsteps of the likes of Any Dream Will Do, How do you Solve a Problem like Maria?, I’d Do Anything, Over the Rainbow, Superstar, Grease Is the Word and Let It Shine.
Each show, which have variously aired on both BBC and ITV since 2006, has seen budding performers take to the stage to win a part in a big musical production.
Mamma Mia! I Have a will follow musical theatre hopefuls as they are put through their paces as they navigate their way through challenges, masterclasses, and performances.
At the end, two will triumph and play the roles of Sophie and Sky in Mamma Mia! in London’s West End.
Contestants will be mentored by guest industry stars and judged by experts ahead of a live final, broadcast from a theatre in London’s West End.
Mamma Mia! creator Judy Craymer said: “Mamma Mia! has always been a show that has encouraged young actors and given opportunities to those making their stage debuts – just as our current Sophie and Sky in London (Meg Hateley and Miles Henderson) are making their West End debuts – so it feels the perfect fit for a TV show that will seek out new talent for musical theatre.
“In the lead-up to the celebrations for the stage musical’s 25th birthday in 2024, we’re really looking forward to working with Thames and ITV on this show and involving our well-loved musical as much as possible in the programme.”
“Mamma Mia! I Have A Dream is everything we could want in an entertainment show – legendary music, an iconic West End theatre show, high energy performances, and a brand new search for talent, set against the backdrop of a gorgeous island.”
Set on a Greek island paradise, Mamma Mia! cleverly tells a story of love, friendship and identity through the timeless songs of ABBA.
The smash hit musical recently celebrated its 20th anniversary at the Novello Theatre having first premiered in 1999.
Applications to take part are open now via thames.tv/takepart
- Meet Holly, our versatile freelance journalist and featuers writer who has a passion for dissecting the ever-evolving landscape of business and technology. Your guide to understanding the forces driving our digital age with insightful perspectives and in-depth storytelling.
- LifestyleFriday, 16 February 2024, 16:17Work-Life Balance: An In-Depth Guide to Stress-Free Downtime
- CultureTuesday, 13 February 2024, 13:20Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special: A Long-Awaited Return
- GamingSunday, 28 January 2024, 11:20Exploring the Enchanting Universe of Hogwarts Legacy
- FashionThursday, 25 January 2024, 16:40Men’s Wardrobe Essentials in 2024: Elevating Your Style Game