Only Fools and Horses is a British sitcom that was created by John Sullivan and originally aired from 1981 to 2003. The show follows the adventures of two brothers, Del Boy and Rodney Trotter, as they try to make their fortune selling a variety of goods in Peckham, a working-class area of South London. The show is known for its memorable characters, witty humor, and heartwarming moments.
Here is a list of some of the key characters in Only Fools and Horses, along with a brief bio of each and the actor who played them:
- Del Boy Trotter (David Jason) – Del Boy is the charismatic and quick-witted older brother of Rodney Trotter. He is a wheeler-dealer who is always on the lookout for his next big score, and he often gets into trouble because of his schemes. Despite his flaws, he has a heart of gold and is fiercely loyal to his family.
- Rodney Trotter (Nicholas Lyndhurst) – Rodney is the younger brother of Del Boy and often serves as the voice of reason in the duo. He is book-smart but sometimes naïve, and he often finds himself drawn into Del Boy’s schemes. Over the course of the series, he grows from a boy into a man, finding love and starting a family of his own.
- Grandad (Lennard Pearce) – Grandad is the elderly and slightly senile uncle of Del Boy and Rodney. He is often seen dozing off or misunderstanding the world around him, but he is also a source of wisdom and comfort for his family.
- Trigger (Roger Lloyd-Pack) – Trigger is a dim-witted but good-hearted friend of Del Boy’s who always seems to have a new job or hobby. He is known for his distinctive voice and catchphrase, “Alright, Dave?”
- Boycie (John Challis) – Herman Aubrey “Boycie” Boyce, best known as Boycie is a smug and conniving businessman who is always looking for ways to make a quick buck. He is often at odds with Del Boy and Rodney, but he occasionally helps them out when it benefits him.
- Marlene Boyce (Sue Holderness) – Marlene is Boycie’s wife and the object of many men’s desires. She is glamorous and flirtatious, but she is also fiercely protective of her husband and her family
- Raquel Turner (Tessa Peake-Jones) – Raquel is Rodney’s love interest and later wife. She is a kind and intelligent woman who works as a singer and actress, and she helps Rodney to mature and become more confident.
- Uncle Albert (Buster Merryfield) – Uncle Albert is Del Boy and Rodney’s eccentric and cantankerous uncle. He is a former sailor who loves to regale his family with tales of his adventures, but he can also be a bit of a nuisance at times. He is known for his catchphrase, “During the war…”
- Cassandra Trotter (Gwyneth Strong) – Cassandra is Rodney’s wife and the love of his life. She is intelligent and level-headed, and she often serves as a calming influence on her husband. She also helps to run her family’s business, a catering company.
- Denzil Tulser (Paul Barber) – Denzil is a friend of Del Boy’s who works as a van driver. He is often the butt of jokes from Del Boy and Rodney, but he is also loyal and kind-hearted..
- Mickey Pearce (Patrick Murray) – Mickey is a friend of Del Boy’s who is known for his sharp suits and his womanizing ways. He often tries to impress Del Boy with his latest conquests, but he is also a loyal friend.
- Roy Slater (Jim Broadbent) – Roy Slater is a corrupt police officer who is often at odds with Del Boy and Rodney. He is a former schoolmate of theirs and delights in trying to get one over on them, but he is ultimately outsmarted by the Trotter brothers.
Only Fools and Horses was a beloved sitcom that captured the hearts of audiences for over two decades. Its iconic characters and witty humor have cemented it as one of the most enduring and beloved shows in British television history.
- TVWednesday, 6 December 2023, 17:30TV Quotes That Will Live On Forever
- GamingWednesday, 22 November 2023, 19:28Retro Gaming – Most popular arcade games from Space Invaders to Sega Rally
- MusicMonday, 20 November 2023, 17:50Gorillaz: The Virtual Band that Blends Music and Art to Create a World of Its Own
- Social MediaSaturday, 18 November 2023, 6:52How to Use Social Media to Grow Your Personal Brand