Rick and Morty season 7: Release date speculation, cast and news
“Rick and Morty” is an adult animated science fiction sitcom created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon for Cartoon Network’s late-night programming block Adult Swim. The show follows the adventures of an eccentric and cynical scientist named Rick Sanchez and his good-hearted but easily influenced grandson Morty Smith as they travel to other dimensions and encounter a variety of strange and dangerous creatures. The show is known for its dark humor, satirical commentary on pop culture, and complex science fiction concepts. It has gained a large and dedicated fan base since its debut in 2013 and has been renewed for multiple seasons.
Rick and Morty cast
The main cast of “Rick and Morty” includes:
- Justin Roiland as Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith (voice)
- Chris Parnell as Jerry Smith (voice)
- Spencer Grammer as Summer Smith (voice)
- Sarah Chalke as Beth Smith (voice)
- Kari Wahlgren as Jessica (voice)
There are also several recurring characters on the show, including:
- Phil Hendrie as Principal Vagina (voice)
- Tom Kenny as Mr. Meeseeks (voice)
- Alex Hirsch as Mr. Poopybutthole (voice)
- Dan Harmon as Birdperson/Phoenixperson (voice)
- Maurice LaMarche as Krombopulos Michael (voice)
- David Cross as Tobias Fünke (voice)
- John Oliver as Dr. Glibert (voice)
- Rob Paulsen as Mr. Jellybean (voice)
- Cassie Steele as Tammy Gueterman (voice)
- Tara Strong as Bebe (voice)
When Will Season 7 Premiere?
Whilst there is no exact date for Rick and Morty’s return, it’s fairly safe to assume that season 7 should come sometime next year.
Series co-creator Dan Harmon revealed that “This is the strangest thing I’ve ever said about the show and it still feels unreal to say it, but we’ll be doing a season a year now. I still don’t understand how that’s possible. But that’s why it never happened on my watch. [Showrunner] Scott [Marder] is able to keep us on a schedule that mostly involves being so ahead of schedule that we can actually release things in a timely manner.”
Season 5 was released in the summer of 2021 and season 6 premiered in late summer/early fall of 2022, so until an official date is announced, I would tentatively guess that season 7 would premiere sometime between mid to late 2023.
What to Expect from Season 7
Season 7 will take Rick, Morty, and the Smith family in new storylines and we can exlclusively reveal that you can expect a visit from a much loved character, but the season 6 finale did clue us in on the central plot for next season. Rick explicitly states that the hunt for Rick Prime will be the focus of season 7 in the season 6 finale, hinting that the series will once again take us across the multiverse rather than focus on the singular timeline that season 6 has. Though I wouldn’t put too much stake into what Rick says until we start to see how season 7 plays out, it would be interesting to see a more serialized season of Rick and Morty and if they actually find Rick Prime before the season is over.
There is no information about the plot of Rick and Morty season 7 as the makers of the show are tight-lipped regarding the seventh season of the show. Regardless, it will be determined by the outcome of the fifth and sixth seasons of the show. As a super-scientist, Rick has many adventures with his granddaughter, who gets into trouble easily.
For a show with as many high-concept premises and off-the-wall twists as Rick and Morty, it’s difficult to forecast exactly what might happen in any given season.
That said, you can expect season 7 to pick up the pieces of another blistering finale, which saw troubled scientist Rick confront yet more personal demons.
How many seasons of Rick and Morty will there be?
After the wildly popular third season, Adult Swim renewed Rick and Morty for 70 additional episodes, 30 of which have now been produced across seasons 4 through 6.
Though co-creator Dan Harmon has previously expressed interest in longer seasons of the show, it seems like it will stay at 10 episodes apiece for the time being, which would bring the show to 10 seasons by the end of this contract.
It remains to be seen whether the show would wind down at that point or if the team would renegotiate to keep the ball rolling.
What could happen in Rick and Morty season 7?
For a show with a high-concept premise and off-the-wall twists like Rick and Morty, it’s hard to predict exactly what’s going to happen in any given season. That said, you can expect season 7 to pick up the pieces for another blistering finale, one that saw troubled scientist Rick confront more personal demons.
Where can you watch Rick and Morty season 7?
If you’re wondering where to watch this amazing series, you’re in the right place. You can watch the animated series on Adult Swim and HBO Max; These are the two platforms you can use to see. Nevertheless, all previous seasons are also available on these platforms. Additionally, it is clear that season 7 of the show will be available on these platforms simultaneously.
Season seven is expected to arrive in late summer 2023 (very latest December), probably by September at the very latest
- Mark Boardman is an established showbiz journalist and freelance copywriter whose work has been published in Business Insider, Daily Mail, Bloomberg, MTV, Buzzfeed and The New York Post amongst other press. Often spotted on the red carpet at celebrity events and film screenings, Mark is a regular guest on BBC Radio London and in-demand for his opinions for media outlets including Newsweek. His TV credits include This Morning, The One Show and T4. Email Mark@MarkMeets.com
- EntertainmentSaturday, 2 March 2024, 10:42The Glamorous Style Evolution of Meghan Markle: A Fashion Tribute
- MusicThursday, 22 February 2024, 17:10The Smash Hits Poll Winners Party: A Nostalgic Celebration of British Music
- MarketingFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:55What Is The Cost Of A 30-Second Super Bowl Ad
- TVFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:50The Cast of Shrinking: Bringing Humor and Drama to Therapy