Jim Parsons aka Sheldon Cooper is a famous tv star and if you missed The Big Theory first time round then no doubt the many re-run’s you would have seen them all, or at least glimpses of the Texas actor who turned the world on it’s head earning himself a whopping $160 million with millions in royalities.
Parsons then moved to New York City, where he tried to launch his acting career. At first, he found himself struggling to find work, appearing in off-Broadway plays. He also landed a recurring role on the TV show Judging Amy and a bit part in the 2004 film Garden State.
Sheldon Cooper is a beloved character from the hit television show, The Big Bang Theory. Played by Jim Parsons, Sheldon is known for his quirky personality, high intelligence, and his memorable lines. Let’s take a closer look at this beloved character’s bio, job, IQ, ailments, famous lines, and some fun facts.
Character Bio: Sheldon Cooper is a theoretical physicist who works at Caltech University in Pasadena, California. He has a Bachelor’s degree from East Texas Tech and a Ph.D. from Princeton University. Sheldon is a very intelligent individual, but his social skills are often lacking. He has an eidetic memory and is able to memorize things with ease.
Job: Sheldon works as a theoretical physicist at Caltech University. He often collaborates with his colleague, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter, and their friends, Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali. Sheldon’s research is mainly focused on string theory, cosmology, and quantum mechanics.
IQ: Sheldon Cooper is portrayed as a genius, with an IQ of 187. His high intelligence allows him to excel in his academic pursuits and to solve complex mathematical and scientific problems.
Ailments: Sheldon has been shown to suffer from several ailments, both physical and mental. He has a compulsive need for order and routine, and he is often seen organizing his belongings or arranging items in a specific way. Sheldon also suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), which makes him very particular about cleanliness and hygiene. In addition, he has a fear of germs and is often seen using hand sanitizer.
Famous Lines: Sheldon Cooper is known for his many memorable lines, such as “Bazinga!”, “Knock, knock, knock, Penny!”, and “I’m not crazy, my mother had me tested.” He also has a unique way of expressing himself, often using complicated scientific jargon to explain everyday situations.
- Sheldon has a twin sister named Missy, who is the complete opposite of him in terms of personality.
- Sheldon has a fear of driving, which stems from a childhood trauma.
- He is a fan of comic books, particularly the Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern.
- Sheldon has a spot on his couch that he considers his own, and he becomes agitated when someone else sits there.
- Jim Parsons won four Primetime Emmy Awards for his portrayal of Sheldon Cooper.
Sheldon Cooper is an iconic character who has captured the hearts of audiences around the world. His unique personality, high intelligence, and memorable lines have made him one of the most beloved characters in television history.
Live Events Reviewer
- TVFriday, 16 February 2024, 15:46A look back at TV show Happy Days
- GamingWednesday, 7 February 2024, 18:02A Guide to Every Zelda Game on Nintendo Switch
- TechFriday, 2 February 2024, 16:10The best gaming laptops in 2024 for every budget
- FoodSaturday, 27 January 2024, 15:4010 Vegan Recipes for a Flavorful Family Feast